Nurse Practitioners of Florida provides testing for the novel coronavirus COVID-19. While not everyone needs to be tested, the Centers for Disease Control recommends certain individuals to undergo testing. These include:
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 — such as fever, dry cough, loss of taste or smell, breathing difficulties, and/or sore throat, among others.
- If you’ve been in close physical contact with someone who’s been recently diagnosed with COVID-19.
- If you’ve been instructed to undergo testing by a healthcare provider or employer.
As a courtesy to all our patients as well as our providers, we ask that you call us before arriving at any of our locations to get tested, and fill out our two COVID-19 screening forms. In addition, we recommend that you self-quarantine while you await test results.
If you test positive, continue self-quarantining at home. In addition, follow these steps to safeguard your health and the health of your loved ones:
- Wear a mask
- Stay hydrated
- Rest as much as possible
- Wash your hands frequently
- Do not place your toothbrush directly on the bathroom countertop
- Disinfect shared surfaces regularly
- Do not share utensils or personal care products with family or roommates
- If possible, stay in an isolated room in your home, away from family members
- Avoid ridesharing services and public transportation
- Seek emergency medical care immediately if you experience chest pain and/or breathing difficulties